Google Off-site WebSpam Factors:
1. Unnatural Influx of Links: A sudden (and unnatural) influx of links is a sure-fire sign of phony links.
2. Penguin Penalty: Sites that were hit by Google Penguin are significantly less visible in search.
3. Link Profile with High % of Low-Quality Links: Lots of links from sources commonly used by black hat SEOs (like blog comments and forum profiles) may be a sign of gaming the system.
4. Linking Domain Relevancy: The famous analysis by MicroSiteMasters.com found that sites with an unnaturally high amount of links from unrelated sites were more susceptible to Penguin.
5. Unnatural Links Warning: Google sent out thousands of “Google Webmaster Tools notice of detected unnatural links” messages. This usually precedes a ranking drop, although not 100% of the time.
6. Links from the Same Class C IP: Getting an unnatural amount of links from sites on the same server IP may be a sign of blog network link building.
7. “Poison” Anchor Text: Having “poison” anchor text (especially pharmacy keywords) pointed to your site may be a sign of spam or a hacked site. Either way, it can hurt your site’s ranking.
8. Manual Penalty: Google has been known to hand out manual penalties, like in the well-publicized Interflora fiasco.
9. Selling Links: Selling links can definitely impact toolbar PageRank and may hurt your search visibility.
10. Google Sandbox: New sites that get a sudden influx of links are sometimes put in the Google Sandbox, which temporarily limits search visibility.
11. Google Dance: The Google Dance can temporarily shake up rankings. According to a Google Patent, this may be a way for them to determine whether or not a site is trying to game the algorithm.
12. Disavow Tool: Use of the Disavow Tool may remove a manual or algorithmic penalty for sites that were the victims of negative SEO.
13. Reconsideration Request: A successful reconsideration request can lift a penalty.
14. Temporary Link Schemes: Google has (apparently) caught onto people that create — and quickly remove — spammy links. Also know as a temporary link scheme.
Google Off-Site WebSpam Factors are 14 of 200 Total Algorithm Factors. Here is a breakdown of the rest of Google’s Algorithm Factors.
The Google Algorithm is the Most Complex and Most Valuable Algorithm in the World. It’s made up of more than 200 factors, more than 10,000 subfactors, tweaked up to 500 times per month and operated by Artificial Intelligence.
The Google Algorithm is a comprehensive guide or rule book explaining – How the Internet Works – How the Entire Infrastructure of the World Wide Web Functions – How each Interconnected Website Influences the Next. It’s a Digital Marketing Protocol – how to optimally design & construct web pages/websites in order to maximize engagement, increase exposure, how backlinks and social media interactions popularize one’s domain, how our entire digital ecosystem behaves and operates.
The Google Algorithm is a recipe of how to optimally CONSTRUCT & GROW a Digital Business Network within the Framework of Today’s Internet.
Mollify is a Content Management System Design & Development Firm. With the use of Software, Analysis, and Algorithms,
Mollify Helps Companies Enhance Their Digital Business.